More Singles Than You Can Imagine....


HeirChex Digital Servicing:
This blog is setup to feed all the new material coming from HeirChex Digital Servicing. All artist material is for radio professional use only. Contact us for more information

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Stereo Witness "In Love"

Artist: Stereo Witness
Song: In Love
CD: Stereo Witness
Genre: Urban
Label: Independent


Stereo Witness

With “In Love” I really wanted to ask the question, "What is love?" And I really wanted to try to bring in a "real world" look as well as a religious look and meet somewhere in the middle. I am the type of person who thinks even the BEST people can make bad choices. Just because you've never been addicted to drugs, or never gotten pregnant out of wedlock, or struggled with homosexuality doesn't mean that you are any better than anybody else who has. If you've ever lied, been overweight, or even thought a thought you shouldn't have then YOU (according to God's standards) have sinned. I put a picture on my facebook a while back that said, "Don't judge someone just because they sin differently than you." And that's kind of my outlook on life. I feel like in most cases the church forgets that. People forget that it's really not enough to just come fill up a pew for a couple hours 3 times a week. That's kind of the bare minimum. So with this song I wanted to bring that out, while also approaching the "world's" view on love. We live in a "YOLO" society that doesn't really think about the future. Marriage isn't something to play around with. If you fool around and have a kid that is a real person. This song has a few different themes, but I wanted to approach it in a loving manner. So it's more of a "thought" than a "statement". I never want to offend anyone, but every now and then you have to get your toes stepped on to wake up a little. That's what this song is.

Bio :
Stereo Witness is the stage name of BMI recording artist and singer songwriter Andrew Finchum. Andrew was born on October 6th, 1990 in Knoxville, TN. Even at an early age, his destiny as a musician may have been pre-determined. His father (a ordained southern Baptist minister) and his mother (played electric bass, guitar, and piano for the choir) were in a traveling southern gospel singing group that toured all over Tennessee. Andrew, even at an early age, was constantly around music. Andrew began playing drums at the early age of 3 and literally wore the drum-set out until it was no longer usable.

His musical career went to the back burner until middle school when, as a birthday present, his parents decided to get him another set. He began playing to songs on the radio, which led to him writing his own songs, all the while, never telling a soul that he was doing so. He continued writing his own songs into high school where (his freshman year) he taught himself how to play piano. He also joined the Gibbs High School Marching Eagle drumline, where he would continue to blossom, eventually becoming the drumline captain his senior year. Throughout high school, he continued writing music, but not until his junior year of high school did his "close-knit" circle of friends begin to find out that he even sung/wrote and played music.

It wasn't until after he graduated High School that he went public about being a musician. He saved up and bought a guitar and He spent his freshman year at Carson-Newman College studying Music where he learned a deeper understanding of it. "Really at the time I had NO idea what I was doing. I would stay up (and out) until around 2 or 3 in the a.m. then come in and chug some Nyquil and then 'boom' off to beddy bye." He explained, "But every single music major, except maybe my best friend Trevor, (laughs) knew WAY more than me when it came to music. I had no clue... and EVERYbody liked to remind me of that. At the time it broke me down because i felt like I wasn't learning anything and at one point I actually gave up writing music. It really wasn't until after I transferred to a community college and began pickin' up my Git (guitar) that I realized how my understanding for music had grown... I guess I CAN thank them for that."

After dropping out of college, it didn't look good. He got a part-time job at a local Christian book store, but was barely scraping by. "I was barely making enough to put gas in my truck. That was one of the toughest times in my life. The bad part was that it got WORSE." The bookstore had to cut back his hours so he had to resort to getting a "9-5" job at a cafeteria inside a local hospital.

"I was coming home covered in chili, and eggs, and all kinds of funs stuff. I hated scrubbing pots, but what else did I have? I was a college dropout, had no health insurance, It was good money, but it was HARD money. I was working 50 hours a week, but through all of that I felt like God spoke to me and said, "I've got better things in store for you." It took me hitting rock bottom to realize that I was better than that. So, I turned in my two week notice and took a shot.\"

Management:
Stereo Witness
865.363.9301
stereowitness@aol.com
Radio:
Seth Holloway
615.790.6959
Relapse777@aol.com
Publishing:
Song and Lyrics : Steven Andrew Finchum BMI ID 550203952 BMI Work # 14695630
ISRC : ushm81256421

No comments: