More Singles Than You Can Imagine....


HeirChex Digital Servicing:
This blog is setup to feed all the new material coming from HeirChex Digital Servicing. All artist material is for radio professional use only. Contact us for more information

Monday, March 7, 2016

Apologetix "Boulevard of Both Extremes"

Artist: Apologetix
Song: Boulevard of Both Extremes
CD: Wordplay
Genre: Rock, Parody
Label: Parodudes Records



Parody of “The Boulevard of Broken Dreams” performed by Green Day and written by Billy Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt & Tre Cool (Luke 17:11-19) I walk Galilee road – I know no one and I am an unknown I’m Samaritan, though – got a known disease but I got no home I’ve got this leprosy – all the folks who are approaching scream Where’s their sympathy? They run and show me none, but I’m not alone I’m not alone, I’m not alone, I’m not alone, I’m not a My fellow homeless ones, they walk beside me We share those marks that go with skin diseases There’s nine Jewish among us -- they don’t mind me With them, I’m not alone We’re all from Palestine – race divides us but their skin’s like mine And like Frankenstein – ugly, wretched, scarred like Al Capone We see Jesus Christ – let’s walk up to Him He seems all right Yet in Bible times, we know it’s not allowed, we must walk alone But I’m not alone, I’m not alone, I’m not alone, I’m not a- My fellow homeless ones who walk beside me They shout “Have mercy on us, please Lord Jesus!” Then Christ says we should turn from there and find priests To them I’ve got to go I'm not alone, I'm not a- My God just set me free from a cruel, bizarre, awful disease Went to see the priests and on the road the Lord was my doctor My fellow homeless ones were healed just like me I shall embark to go give thanks to Jesus The nine all wish me luck but stay behind me And then I walk alone Luke 17:15-16 And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, and fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan. Boulevard of Both Extremes Based on Luke 17:11-19, this song tells the story of a Samaritan leper who hung around with nine Jewish lepers. Although, racial tensions normally kept Samaritans and Jews apart, in this case their common affliction brought them together. It's ironic that so much of racism is "skin deep," yet a skin disease united these 10 men. Once that disease was healed by Jesus Christ, they separated again, as one went to give thanks to Jesus and nine did not.

No comments: